Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Just a quick update today. Been working on a spec for a really cool tool. I wish I could say more about it, but it's still in the planning/review stage. Once it's something more than vaporware, I'll make a small announcement.

Also been working to make sure the Devcon XPE SP2 CD's are good to go.

We had a meeting today on the lab machines we're gonna use at Devcon. Mike Hall is setting everything up for us and gave us the skinny - they're smokin' 2GHz machines with 1+Gb memory, and we'll be using Virtual PC to run our images in. This is causing some wringing of hands for people who count on EWF to work (I don't personally know if EWF will work in VPC), and I'm concerned about Bluetooth working in a VPC as well. To make things easier, I'm gonna implement VPC on my laptop, but I need to upgrade it - VPC loves memory, so I'm gonna upgrade my laptop from 512Mb to 1+Gb to accomodate it.

On a personal note, I'm getting some CD's from the local library - Aaron Copland's Rodeo Ballet overture. You've heard the key theme before - it's the background music to the "Beef - It's What's for Dinner" commercials. Now you know.

No comments: